Excel Reports in Quality Center or HP-ALM have always been quite useful in extracting various reports. One of the many advantages has been to export test cases from ALM to excel sheet for convenient use and reporting
From HP-ALM version 12, the option to ‘Create New Excel Report’ is disabled by default. It means, the user cannot create new excel report, but can view, edit and run existing reports (if any) from previous versions.
|ALM: Create New Excel Report Option Missing|
|ALM: Existing Excel Reports|
However, the option to ‘Create New Excel Report’ can be enabled by site configuration parameter – ‘ENABLE_CREATE_LEGACY_EXCEL_REPORT’. Following are the steps to do so:
- Login to ALM site administration.
- Navigate to ‘Site Configuration’ tab.
ALM: Site Admin Site Configuration
- Look for the parameter – ‘ENABLE_CREATE_LEGACY_EXCEL_REPORT’. Double click to configure it.
- If the above parameter is not found, the site admin can create it by clicking ‘New’. Enter the details as below.
ALM: Site Admin Site Configuration New Parameter
- Please note that the parameter name is case sensitive and must be entered in all Capital letters.
- Click Ok.
|ALM: Site Admin Site Configuration Excel Report Parameter|
The users must log off and login again in order to see the changes being effective.
|ALM: Create New Excel Report Option Enabled|