So, follow the following steps to export test cases along with design steps from quality center to excel sheet. You must be added as an administrator to the project in order to perform below steps:-
1. Identify the Test ID’s of test cases you want to export. Normally, it would be in sequence like from – 79 to 80.
2. Go to Tools –> Excel Reports
2. Under Public folder, click ‘New Excel Report’ icon on top left corner.
3. A dialog box asking for report name would populate. Type in the report Name and click Ok.
4.Type some description about your report.
5. Click on Query Tab.
6. Copy and paste the below query in sheet1.
SELECT TS_TEST_ID,TS_NAME,TS_DESCRIPTION,DS_STEP_ORDER, DS_DESCRIPTION, DS_EXPECTED, DS_STEP_NAME
where TEST.TS_TEST_ID = DESSTEPS.DS_TEST_ID
and TEST.TS_TEST_ID between 79 and 305
ORDER BY TS_TEST_ID, DS_STEP_ORDER
7. Click on the ‘Test Query’ button to test the query. This would compile the query and report errors if any. Also, It would provide a snapshot of the results.
8. Click on ‘General Setting’ tab and type the path where the excel file needs to be exported in the text box.
9. Again come back to the query tab and click on ‘Run Query’.
10. Click on ‘Generate Excel Report’ icon on top left corner.
11. Following message would be displayed. Click Yes.
12. Again, the ‘Save report’ window would come. Specify the path of report and click ‘Save’.
13. The report generation may take some time depending on the amount of data.
14. Once generated, the excel sheet would open up itself. If not opened, navigate to the path specified.