Keyword-driven tests look very similar to manual test cases. In a keyword-driven test, the functionality of the application-under-test is documented in a table as well as in step-by-step instructions for each test. In this method, the entire process is data-driven, including functionality.
- The Detail Test Plan can be written in Spreadsheet format containing all input and verification data.
- Application, language, tool independent.
- Takes time, but most successful in long run.
- The Development of “customized” Functions and Utilities requires proficiency in the tool’s Scripting language.
- Takes lot of time iitially.