|MS-Excel 32 Bit|
Below is the solution we have found to remove the port number 8080 from QC URL:
- Update the port number to 80 in configuration files of the application. In this case, they were ‘qcconfigfile.properties’ and ‘jetty.xml’.
- The ALM service would not start now as port 80 is likely to be used by other processes.
- Release port number 80 from all processes.
- The command “netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:80” help us find out if the port is being used or not.
- If any website in IIS points to port 80, update the same.
In this case, we stopped 3 services – World Wide Web Publishing Service, Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) Service and IIS Admin Service
- NATIVE APPLICATION – A native application (native app) is an application program that is developed for use on a particular platform or device iPhone or iPad apps built using Objective-C, and Android application built with Java. Native apps are installed through an application store (such as Google Play or Apple’s App Store). For example, Camera+ app for Apple’s iOS devices.
- Native apps perform faster
- Native apps provide easy access to all native features of the device
- Native apps generally operate in offline mode
- Native apps are fully supported from concerned app stores
- Because of their support, Native apps provide better security
- Native apps are expensive to develop because of their platform dependency
- Maintenance is also expensive for Native apps.
- Different teams need to me maintained and tracked for different platforms
- Multiple versions are often required to be maintained
- Native apps need approval from app stores to be published and this may prove tedious and time consuming in case the app is not developed with high standards.
- WEB APPLICATION – Web applications are webpages that look like an app. They are basically Internet-enabled apps that are accessible via the mobile device’s Web browser. Web apps are accesses via browsers are not required to be downloaded on to the device. Web apps are built using HTML5, CSS3 etc.
- Web apps are platform independent and can be used on all devices irrespective of operating systems.
- Since Web apps are platform independent, deployment is easier for them
- As web apps are not downloaded on devices, users need not worry about versions and updates released.
- The native API’s and device specific features are not accessible to Web apps which limit their scope of usage.
- Since Web apps are not listed in app stores, users may find it difficult to find them
- Security is also a concern with Web apps as it’s all internet based and come with it’s own set of vulnerabilities
- All Web apps may not always work with multiple browsers. Thus is also adds to the cost of developing and maintenance.
- Web apps need internet connection to operate and do not work offline
- HYBRID APPLICATION– Native apps are part native apps, part web apps. They are installed in the same way as native apps and use the web apps technologies to perform certain functions. Actually, it’s very hard for the users to differentiate between native and hybrid apps. Hybrid app may look an easy option for websites which want to be listed in app stores without spending much and required effort to develop a native version of themselves.
- Because most of the development is done using web technologies, hybrid apps are faster and easier to develop as compared to Native apps.
- Hybrid app come with best of both Web and Native apps
- Along with best, worst of both Native and web apps is also packaged in Hybrid apps
- The use of native features of device is limited
- Performance is not up to the mark when compared with Native apps
- While most of the code is written in web technologies and is platform independent, there is some part of code which need to be designed as per the platforms of devices.
Types of Mobile Applications:
1. Native App
2. Web App
3. Hybrid App
- The exact slide layout can be used in other presentations
- The template can also be to existing presentations to quickly update the way they look.
- The template can be used to quickly create a new presentation.
- The template file can be shared with friends and colleagues.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the File name box, type a name for the template.
- In the Save as type list, click PowerPoint Template (.potx/.pot). As soon as the type is changed to power point template, the default location(might be different for different windows and office versions) “C:Users
Name>AppDataRoamingMicrosoftTemplates”. Copy and save the path somewhere for future, in case the template does not appear by default in the list while creating new templates.
- Click Save.
Let me try this.
Please mention your topic on Software Testing on which you would love to read more. I would try and document my knowledge or find out some relevant material and compile. Though I cannot promise, but I would definitely try to cater maximum requests.
Let’s see how it goes. wish me luck and do drop in a comment with the current Software Testing topic on your mind…:)
Effort Variance = (Planned Efforts-Actual Efforts)/100
Following query may be used in JIRA to help:
project = TEST AND assignee in (“firstname.lastname@example.org”,”email@example.com”,”firstname.lastname@example.org”) AND updated >= “2014/06/01” and updated < “2014/07/01”
The above query would list all issues for the project ‘TEST’ having assignee among ‘abc’, ‘pqr’ or ‘ijk’ which were updated in the month of June-2014.
The query can also be modified as per needs…:)
1. Navigate to the website
6. The URL highlighted in black rectangle is the rss feed URL.
7. Click on the URL or copy and paste it anywhere required.
Scope – The set of test cases from regression test suite which quickly verified status of the product after they have done changes in the code or there is some controlled code change in a feature to fix any critical issue. Care must be taken care to:
1) Creating text file.
2) Writing something into text editor
3) Copy, cut, paste functionality of text editor
4) Opening, saving, deleting text file.