Many times, we choose a presentation template and apply some changes to suit our need. In fact, most of the companies have a predefined template for presentations to be used. This is achieved by creating customized templates and saving them as template files. A template file (.potx/.pot) saves all the customizations made to slide masters, slide layouts, and themes to reuse in other presentations.
When we create a presentation, and then save it as a Power Point Template (.pot) file, can be reused more than once. Thus saving the presentation as a template offers the following advantages:
- The exact slide layout can be used in other presentations
- The template can also be to existing presentations to quickly update the way they look.
- The template can be used to quickly create a new presentation.
- The template file can be shared with friends and colleagues.
To save the presentation as a template:
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the File name box, type a name for the template.
- In the Save as type list, click PowerPoint Template (.potx/.pot). As soon as the type is changed to power point template, the default location(might be different for different windows and office versions) “C:Users
Name>AppDataRoamingMicrosoftTemplates”. Copy and save the path somewhere for future, in case the template does not appear by default in the list while creating new templates.
- Click Save.