While running an automated script on SAP GUI, a warning message – “A script is attempting to access SAP GUI” is displayed.
In some cases, the message can also be – “A script is trying to attach to GUI“. The solution to both is same.
This warning can be disabled with following steps:
- Launch to your SAP GUI application manually.
- Navigate to ‘Options’ as below or press “Alt F12” and click ‘Options.
- Select “Accessibility & Scripting”.
- Expand ‘Accessibility & Scripting’ and select “Scripting”.
- If the warning message is being thrown, the option “Notify when a script attaches to SAP GUI” would be checked. Un-check following options:
- Notify when a script attaches to SAP GUI
- Notify when a script opens a connection. Click “Apply” followed by “OK”.
- Please note that since the notification is now disabled, care must be taken to prevent the system from plausible threats and unwanted applications.