Test Case writing is one of the basic activities in any testing process. While there is no standard procedure to write a test case, there are few general rules of thumb one must follow:
- Make test cases as simple as possible.
- Make sure that the expected result is clearly stated.
- Try to break a test case into multiple cases in case it becomes too complex.
- Make sure that the following are covered clearly:
- Test Steps
- Test Data
- Pre condition(s) – if any
- Post conditions(s) – if any
Attached is the sample test case template we can use.
Hope it helps all….:)